Employees Health in factories
Employees Health in factories: Ensuring cleanliness in factories is essential need for all the employees. It requires that every factory shall kept clean and free from effluent arising from any drain, or other nuisance.
This Section lays down following provisions in this respect:
- All the accumulated dirt and refuse shall be removed daily by sweeping or by any other effective method from the floors and benches of workrooms and from staircases and passages. Suitable arrangement shall also be made for the disposal of such dirt or refuse.
- The floor of every workroom shall cleaned at least once in every week by washing, using disinfectant, where necessary or by some other effective method.
- Effective method of drainage shall made and maintained for removing water, to the extent possible, which may collect on the floor in the course of any manufacturing process.
- All inside walls and partitions, all ceilings or tops of rooms and all walls, sides and tops of passages and staircases shall:
- Where they painted otherwise than with washable water-paint or varnished repainted or re-varnished at least once in every period of five years.
- Where they painted with washable water-paint; repainted with at least one coat of such paint at least once in every period of three years. And washed at least once in every period of six months,
- where they painted or varnished or where they have smooth impervious surfaces cleaned at least once in every period of fourteen months by such method as may prescribed; Employees Health in factories
- In any other case, kept white-washed or colour washed; and the whitewashing or color-washing shall carried out at least once in every period of fourteen months.
- All doors and window frames and other wooden or metallic framework; and shutters shall kept painted or varnished. And the painting or varnishing shall carried out at least once in every period of five years.
- The dates on which the processes carried out shall entered in the prescribed register
- If in view of the nature of the operations carried on in a factory. It is not possible for the occupier to comply with all. Or any of the above requirements the State Government may be order exempt; such factory or factories from any of the requirements. And specify alternative methods for keeping the factory in a clean state.