What are the Environmental Improvements plan in industries?
In all spheres of our daily life, various activities are carried out which results in environmental aspect and this in turn produces changes to the environment termed as impact. This environmental impact may be beneficial or detrimental to environment by producing, air, water, and land pollutions. The detrimental effects are causing global environmental problems, which is growing concern, and needs to be immediately attended through ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME.
Pollution are causing global warming, contiguous diseases etc. To control pollution it is very important to control the impact caused by aspects of activities. The industrial impacts are classified under Significant or non-significant categories. The significant impacts are not only controlled by operational control procedures but improved by drawing and Implementation of
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PLANS (EMP) ARE:-
- In present context, a systematic study of aspect, impacts and improvement, through EMP has become statutory for all activities in existing as well as for procurement of new plant and machineries.
- This will also bring out improvement in safety and productivity of Environmental Improvements in any industries. One of important chemicals required in all chemical plants is various types of acids.
- The major activity carried out in chemical industries is transportation of acids through pipelines, whose material of construction & metallurgy is unique.
- The corrosion in such pipe lines due to static & dynamic flow are immense from both welding joints as well as parent material, causing impacts both significant as well as non significant natures.
What are the Environmental Aspect and Impact studies?
In the study of environment, it is essential to identify each possible environmental aspect and impact of it on our surroundings. The various environmental aspects each have a number of different impacts on the environment. Potential impacts must also be identified. Knowledge of environmental aspect and impact is necessary in order to have a thorough awareness of the world we live in.
Commonly Used Definitions in the Study of Environmental Aspect and Impact.
Any change to the environment whether adverse or beneficial (wholly or partially) resulting from an organization’s activities products or services.
The activity that results in substantial breach of statutory regulations under abnormal conditions. Identification of Environmental Aspect and Impact. The Chart given in figure-1, gives the impact and outputs of manufacturing process.
What are the Environmental Management Programmes?
After aspect analysis, the significant and non-significant aspects are classified. The significant aspects and non-significant aspects controlled by Operational Control Procedures (OCP). In addition to this, the significant aspects improved by drawing up an Environmental Management Program (EMP).
The recurring process of enhancing the Environmental Management Program; to achieve improvements in the overall environmental performance in line with the organization’s environmental policy.
Overall environmental goal, arising from the environmental policy that an organization sets itself to achieve and which is quantified where practicable.
Detailed performance requirement applicable to the organization or parts there of; that arises from the environmental objectives and that needs to set and met in order to achieve those objectives.
Prevention of Pollution
The use of processes, practices, materials or products that avoid, reduce or control pollution. This may include recycling, treatment, process changes, control mechanisms, efficient use of resources and material substitution.
- Elements of an effective Housekeeping program
- Plan a good Housekeeping Program
- Housekeeping, Purpose and Benefits of Housekeeping