Occupational safety and health associated with workers and employers for all industries all over the globe. Workplaces in industries associated with various types of potential hazards or non potential hazards. It has been observed that many people get injured, handicapped or killed on the work place .The main aim of occupational safety and health is to reduce the injuries and illnesses that occur in major workplaces or the industries.
For good health safe place of work is needed, these cost is compared with the cost incurred with the treatment of injured persons or giving compensation for injured or fatal persons in an industries. These mainly involves lost wage compensation, insurance value, replacement of workers, damaged equipment and lost production for businesses and the economy in general many industries have plan and programme for Occupational safety and health for the employees these involves the role of human resources manager, the security officer, the quality control manager, Occupational Safety and Health manager.
Basics of, Occupational Safety and Health provides an introduction to the development of programs that reduces injuries and addresses regulatory requirements and there by improves the sustainability of the organization through continuous improvement in an organization.
WHAT ARE THE INDUSTRIAL OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH, AND SAFETY POLICY IN AN ORGANIZATION?
A policy in an organization described as –
- Organization’s commitment to health and safety for employees in the workplace.
- An organization responsibilities allocation and how employees fit into the overran safety management system.
- How specific activities and functions managed by the employees in the organization.
- These could include risk assessments, fire safety, first aid, accident reporting, electrical safety, work equipment, hazardous substances, manual handling, other workplace issues and guidelines for health and safety.
OCCUPATIONAL AND HEALTH SERVICES GUIDELINES IN AN ORGANIZATION
- Protect and prevent health and safety hazards of employees at work & workplace.
- Protect & Prevent health and safety in organization by proper safe work culture & education.
- Promote healthy life style for preventing all types of diseases, supported by specific workplace health policies and management tools.
- Reduce health care costs of injuries, diseases, illnesses and premature retirement caused by a combination of occupational, environmental, life style and social health. And use natural resources effectively and efficiently and there by protecting the natural environment.
What are The need for Industrial Occupational Health & Safety monitoring?
- Health monitoring is an integral component of health promotion (HP). As per the amendments in 1987 to the Factories Act, more and more vigilance required to keep track of the health ‘of the employees working in hazardous operations.
- Health, monitoring is the forerunner of all activities. In today’s occupational health practice, factory medical officers have the major task of promoting the health of employees in industry.
- Health promotion concept incorporates programs of health monitoring of employees exposed to potential hazards. General health screening, hypertension, diabetes control programs, nutrition surveillance program, stress management program and fitness program.
- Organization should have a policy, designate people and have clear procedures in place to manage health and safety management. Need to appoint a competent person to comply with legal obligations.