Safety in Construction industries:
Safety in Construction Industries: Construction work means any work carried out in connection with the construction, alteration, conversion, fitting-out, commissioning, renovation, repair, maintenance, refurbishment, demolition, decommissioning or dismantling of a structure.
The definition of construction work is broad and includes:
- Any installation or testing carried out in connection with an activity mentioned above
- The removal from the workplace of any product or waste resulting from demolition
- The prefabrication or testing of elements, at a place specifically established for the construction work, for use in construction work
- The assembly of prefabricated elements to form a structure, of the disassembly of prefabricated elements forming part of a structure
- Any work connected with an excavation
- The installation, testing or maintenance of an essential service in relation to a structure
- Any work connected with any preparatory work or site preparation (including landscaping as part of site preparation) carried out in connection with an activity mentioned above
- Any activity mentioned above that is carried out on, under or near water, including work on buoys and obstructions to navigation.
Safety Management in Construction:
- Safety helmets, shoes, belts should be given to the workers to avoid the causes of injuries
- Do not interfere with firefighting equipment and electrical circuits
- Proper labour shed has to be provided to the labour
- Proper ventilation, lighting facilities, drinking water and sanitary facilities should be provided to the labour
- Ensures Implementation of law of the land with respect to safety and health.
- Create safety organization with Health and First aid facilities.
- Adequate budget.
- Standard, quality & timely supply of personnel protective equipment.
- Neat based and adequate safety auditing and training to site management team & others
- Organization for housekeeping and deployment of qualified P& M person.
- Incident and injury free work place.
- Safety promotional activities.
- Availability of recognized health care center.
- Adequate provision of fire prevention systems.
- No child labour.
- No smoking
- Appropriate badges for identification of JMC staffs, contractors and others.
- Formation of safely committee.
- A Workers will covered under occupation accident policy.
- Monitoring of implementation
- A Good housekeeping should maintained at all situations.
Responsibilities of Safety Engineer:
- Before commencing any work on site, Safety Officer appointed who will ensure the safety measures at site
- The safety measures to adapted at the site will the responsibilities of the Engineer executing the work
- The safety officer will go for safety rounds all over the site every day and advise the concerned
- Supervisor regarding any unsafe act or condition and the remedial action required will implemented.
- Safety trainings will conducted to all workers and staff before they start their work and as well as at regular intervals.
- Those records of trainings will maintained by safety officer.